NCC ACTIVITY REPORT 2016-17
The National cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization Comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engagedr
in grooming the youth 'The Leaders of Tomorrow' into disciplined and responsible citizens. NCC of MEI
Polytechnic is attached to 1 Karnataka Signal Regiment NCC and has total Strength of 80 cadets which
includes 20 girl cadets. All the activities of NCC will start at the beginning of every academic year in the
month of July. Totally 20 parades will be conducted on Saturdays & general holidays for the enrolled
cadets, not disturbing the academics of students. During the parade time various activities like drill,
weapon training, map reading and theory classes on military subjects will be conducted to the students.
During the year 2016-2017, apart from the regular parades, the following activities were conducted in the
college for the cadets.
- 06 cadets attended Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC) for 10 days in Doddaballapur.
- 08 SD and 03 SW cadets attended Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC) for 10 days in Channapatna.
- 01 cadet attended All India Trekking Camp(AP-TREKK) for 12 days in Tirupathi.
- 01 cadet attended All India Trekking Camp for 12 days in Belagum.
- Cadets also participated in “Swatch Bharath Abhiyan” in college organized By NCC.
- 03 Cadets attended National Integration Camp (NIC) for 16 days in ASSAM(Silchar).
- 08 cadets attended PRE-RD/CATC camp for 10 days in Jalahalli east Air force camp, conducted by 1 karnataka signal regiment NCC.
- Independence Day and Republic day was celebrated.
C / T. Anjanmurthy K.P
NCC caretaker 2/1 KAR SIG REGT NCC