EVENING POLYTECHNIC REPORT 2019-20Following are the activities carried out in this academic year 2019-20
1. There were 81 students of Mechanical branch and 83 students of Electrical & Electronics branch taken admission during this academic year, among them 60 students were lateral entry admission taken.
2. Annual sports meet- 2019 organized for evening polytechnic students on sunday 2nd October 2019. inaugurated by by Honourable chairman Sri .M.T Narasimhan. and Principal, Sri C.Chandrashekar ,coordinated by Mr. Kumar , Mr.Nagaraj S, & Mr.Hucheerappa.H.
3. “GANDHI JAYANTHI” day was celebrated in presence of chairman, principal, technical officer with Evening and Day staff along with students.
4. Evening students of both Electrical & Mechanical Engineering are organized “TEACHERS DAY” celebration on September 6th and “AYUDHA POOJA & SHARADHA POOJA” was arranged in the month of October 8th ,2019 on occasion of Dussera celebration, all staff and students were present.
5. Industrial visit programme was organized for 6th sem Electrical & Electronics students, visited underground project VARAHI HYDRAULIC POWER PLANT at Hosangadi, Udupi district and Tea powder manufacturing industry at moodigere ,chikamagalur district, in the month of october – 2019 Under the guidance of Mr.S.Nagaraj SGL/EE.
6. In continuation of solarification in campus, all final year evening Electrical &Electronics students contributed Rs35000/-. towards reconditioning & maintenance of existing solar system located at main building block as academic project work under the guidance of Mr S.Nagaraj.
7. Evening Electrical students involved in replacement of street lights .i.e conversion from flourscent lamps to LED lamps donated by honorable chairman Sri .M.T Narasimhan under the guidance of Sri.Nagaraj S.
8. All Final year mechanical students contributed to make reconditioning of PLC demonstration kit for automatic CAR parking system & PLC controlled belt conveyor system as academic projects under the guidance of Mr.Kumar SGL/ME. and Mr.Hucheerappa.H. SGL/ME.
9. We appreciate and thankful to final year Mechanical students who donated a laser Projector of worth Rs. 30,000/- to day polytechnic mechanical dept. to install in ANSYS lab which helps the students to learn better in the lab.
10. Personality development programme i.e motivational speech for the benefit of evening staff and students by a resource person from ARENA ANIMATION institute, managing director on 30th September 2019, with presence of honorable chairman MTES Sri .M.T Narasimhan.
11. ”Freshers day” was celebrated for 3rd sem lateral students on jan 8th, in presence of honorable chairman, principal and all evening staff members and students.
12. Send off was arranged by juniors to outgoing senior students on October 24th 2019. in presence of all staff.
13. All the academic activities are undergoing as per norms with support from our principal Sri C.Chandrashekar.
HUCHEERAPPA H, SGL/ME
Technical officer ,
MEI EVE POLYTECHNIC (207)